2022 Testing Period (MH candidates) Application Deadline: September 10, 2022 First Day of Testing: October 22, 2022 Last Day of Testing: November 5, 2022
The Certified Equine Interaction Professional (CEIP) credential for mental health professionals (CEIP-MH) indicates verification of extensive professional experience and independent assessment of knowledge for incorporating equine interactions within therapy practice. The CEIP-MH credential does not represent a single method or approach, but instead helps clients and colleagues recognize your professional knowledge and experience in this area of work. While the CBEIP cannot warrant the performance of any individual certificant, board certification in equine interactions provides recognition of significant experience and knowledge.
CERTIFICATION INFORMATION FOR CEIP-MH
- Are licensed to practice psychotherapy (counseling, social work, substance abuse counseling, psychology, etc.) in the state (or non-U.S. equivalent) where they provide services
- Have three (3) years of professional service or full time equivalent experience in providing mental health services
- Have at least 300 hours with client present of documented delivery of mental health services with equine interactions
- Have at least 120 hours total of documented education and training in the following categories:
- Direct facilitation training in equine interaction for (40 hours minimum)
- Attendance at equine interaction conference, workshop, or method training (40 hours minimum)
- Formal training in equine behavior/horsemanship (40 hours minimum)
There is one yearly examination window for the CEIP-MH. Please see the CBEIP Handbook for current dates.
Start your process by reviewing the CBEIP Handbook, the CEIP-MH application form, and the CBEIP Code of Ethics
Compile your application packet:
- Completed CEIP-MH Application Form
- Signed CBEIP Code of Ethics
- Your Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of current license to practice independently at master or doctoral level
- Evidence of each completed education and training (120 hours total)
- Certification fee: $325 (USD)
Upload and email your completed application packet, ( log sheets) and supporting documentation as required to email@example.com. The certification fee ( 325.00 USD) is due at with your application packet submission, and can be paid on line. Please go to Check Out, on this website and select and pay the appropriate fee from the Application Fees dropdown menu.
For individual support in the certification process please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an mental health mentor.
Examination is done through a multiple choice test, administered by the Professional Testing Corporation (PTC) in your city/region. You must receive a passing score on the test to become certified.
After your application packet has been received and reviewed for eligibility, you will receive information from PTC about how to schedule an appointment to take your test.
Candidates who meet the application criteria and pass the examination will be granted status as a Certified Equine Interaction Professional – Mental Health (CEIP-MH). They are eligible to use the registered designation “CEIP-MH” after their names and will receive proof of certification from the CBEIP. A registry of all CEIPs is maintained by the CBEIP, and certificants may be referenced in its publications.
Certification as a CEIP is in effect for a period of three (3) years. Candidates can maintain their certification through complying with continuing education requirements for recertification.